Thursday, October 05, 2006

Flowermaking in Accessories


This week in accessories class we had flowermaking. This is my first attempt at making a flower out of silk habitue. First lesson was to make a rose. First we rinse the fabric in PVA+water, then we hang them/blow dry the fabric. Next, we created pattern pieces in 3 different size plus a piece for finishing. We cut the the fabric from the pattern pieces(placed on bias) and to start off, I folded a rectangle piece to look like a flower bud and tied it with wire. Florist tape was used to wrap around the wire. Then I moulded and rolled the edges with my thumb/fingers for a real rose effect.I placed each one on one at a time. Each petal were sewn to hold the petals together. This is not a completed rose but would like to share it with you guys!A rose for everyone~ ;) Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

xx sandy said...

Nice rose! Make me corsage!