Thursday, March 15, 2007

Bored but...

All the hype of February has died down.
Most of my friends are back to wherever they need to be right now(studies,jobs,etc..).
Festive season and other celebrations are over.
I just had a minor skin surgery(to extract this mole-like thing growing on my left arm near my pits) that does not allow me to do much!Stitches will come off this sat.Can't wait!restricted movement is a pain in the ass!!
I am totally clueless as to where to start with job hunting although I know where I would like to go.I'm not as independent or as confident/capable as I thought I was with the whole "I'll get round to it eventually!".This next big step to the 2nd part of my life is alot harder than I thought.Shit!
Miss my freedom of being alone, can't wait to have a life I can call my own again!This will come round when I do get a job!!
I am starting to get sensitive. I am beginning to feel the pressure from my parents that I am sitting around doing nothing. Wanting to stay home and watch TV feels like a crime.Why?My mum makes me feel guilty for wanting to stay home and do my own things!She has her way of expressing them.
I feel bored,yet I don't know how I would like to go about my life right now.Somebody gotta point me in a direction.Yes I know,start looking for a job....but....as I mentioned above,I am lost.May sound like a lame excuse but that is exactly how i feel....maybe I am anxious about this whole job situation, maybe I am just waiting for something to come along,maybe......
I don't know!
I don't know how I am feeling right now...
Do you understand how I feel?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheerrrrrrrr up, my dear!! I can understand your feeling, yea i do. It's happened on my close friends in HK as well. We all have to face the same issue at this age/stage. We can get over it for sure!! I know it's easy to say but hard to work out. But i wish you can cheer up. wish u 'best' luck in job hunting and let me hear yr good news soon. Miss ya so much T_T

Unknown said...

Dear, I hear you. I'm going through the same situation. We're in the same boat together. Don't be afraid of this. Everyone has to go through this somehow. Some gets it easy, some, takes a little longer. Just have patience and perseverance.
But first things first, you must sketch up a plan...

What you want to do?
Where do you want to be?
How much are you willing to give to get what you want?
What is stopping you?
And how to overcome it?

I was going through a quarter life crisis not long ago. Neither of my parents were supportive, thinking that they have to stick to "traditional" standards and have their daughter "find" her own way. I was very depressed at that stage and i have no one to turn to. But i decided to not let this define who i am. I started to map out a plan ( similar to the one above) and worked on it.

I am right here Sheila! I'm your friend. I will help you when you need me. I'll speak to you soon!